Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

Out of the Loop (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Out of the Loop (open) Empty
PostSubject: Out of the Loop (open)   Out of the Loop (open) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Levi loved his dorm room. Most students at Hogwarts seemed either indifferent to it, or hated sharing their living space with other members of their years, but not him. No, the middle Marshall child enjoyed the feeling of sharing his space with other people, especially when there was so much of it. His room at home wasn't even close to so big, and he shared it with Jake most of his life... It was strange to have so much room to move around and be himself, so he was really happy.

This was the way his mind worked every evening when he tucked in to bed and every morning, like this one, when he awoke to a half-empty room and had enough space to stretch. He wasn't even woken by the other boys getting up and ready. That made him smile from ear to ear. Levi loved Hogwarts.

The boy loved his own home as well, but there was just something soothing about all the space in the castle. All the different people who somehow managed to coexist without any (or at least without many) problems. There was always enough food on the table, always a friend to cheer you up, and always a space for you at any sort of event. Sometimes at home that just wasn't the case. Sometimes you got overlooked when there were four other kids and only two adults.

Levi lazily got up and bounced down to the common room, looking immediately for the quidditch roster posting and coming up short. He sighed out an 'oh well' and wandered to a chair near the fire, still comfortable in his pjs since it was Sunday after the Halloween ball and he had missed whatever fun had gone on there. Sure, he liked parties, but he had a bad feeling about that one and he hadn't gotten a date, so he'd stayed in.

"Say, did you happen to go to the bash last night? I've been hearing some strange stories about spiders and spells..." he commented with a friendly smile at the nearest member of his house. Maybe they could update him on whatever goings on he'd missed while he'd enjoyed a night lounging on his comfortable bed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Loop (open)   Out of the Loop (open) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Elisabeth woke up Sunday morning with a sigh accompanied by a feeling of loneliness that hung over her like a cloud, or some sort of dense fog that she experienced day in and day out. The Hufflepuff had heard of the news about last nights Halloween ball, or bash, or whatever it was called, and was glad she hadn't gone, as there had been an acromantula attack or something of the sort. At least that was what she had overheard somebody saying when they returned to the dorms last night. 

The blonde slid silently off of her bed with an inward sigh, as to not wake the other occupants of the girls sixth year dorm room, who were still sleeping, most likely tired from the night before. The teen grabbed her bag, and slung it over her shoulder, not even bothering to change out of her pajamas, although she could have easily transfigured them, then walked to the common room as she ran her free hand through her hair, straightening her inevitable bed head. 

It had seemed a bit chillier in the common room this morning, but that was most likely due to the girl only adorning a black tank-top and yellow sleeping pants that were hardly meant to fend off the cold. For this reason, the sixth year chose a seat on a chair that faced the ever burning fireplace, the embers dancing as they reflected in her blue eyes. 

On that note, she opened up the book she was reading for what had to have been the millionth time, Brave New World, by a Muggle author called Aldous Huxley. She knew that she wasn't exactly supposed to be reading Muggle novels, but she was at school, and she wouldn't be persecuted by her mother for demonstrating a non-pureblood attitude.

After a few hours of reading the dystopian novel, she was interrupted by someone who had taken a seat in one of the other chairs near the fire. The witch couldn't help but think the sound of the voice was familiar, but brushed it off as one of the many that occupied the Hufflepuff Common room from time to time. Closing her book after placing her bookmark, the blonde turned to face the boy, "I didn't go last night, although my dorm-mates were talking about some sort of acromantula attack." she replied. The girl paused for a second, she knew this boy from somewhere, and it wasn't school, "Do I know you from outside of school somewhere?" she inquired, "You seem awfully familiar, but not from Hogwarts." she explained.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Loop (open)   Out of the Loop (open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 6:54 pm

He hadn't even paid attention to who he was talking to, really. Levi's mind was in so many places at the moment trying to figure out what he'd missed and whatnot. Now that he looked when she asked if she knew him, he found himself looking at a familiar blonde who he knew from plenty of functions over the years. Weddings, funerals, most of those were attended even by the traitorous types of the family. Of course, the Neige family wasn't one that judged too harshly, at least in the open, so Levi didn't judge them back.

"Yeah, you do know me from somewhere. You're a Neige, and I'm a Marshall." Levi grinned easily, always finding it funny when he found a member of his own house he knew and hadn't even met. "Couldn't tell ya which Neige you are, but I know you are one at least."

It almost seemed wrong to smile or laugh at all, but then again, if you couldn't be happy you'd fall into a state of madness. At least, that was Levi's reasoning, so he sat there and yawned a bit, shaking his head and smiling at his companion. "I guess it pays off to miss things, huh? I wonder what all happened. Bet we won't find out for sure 'til tomorrow... That'll be when the official announcements are made, I bet." The boy still wanted to know what was going on, but then again, he was kind of relieved to have a day of blissful ignorance.

He looked over at the blonde again and tilted his head. "Sometimes it's a lot easier to just pretend nothing happened, isn't it? I mean, at least until the news is officially broken. So, I thought I noticed a Neige on the quidditch roster. That happen to be you? Cause I've officially made chaser this year! It'd be pretty cool to have a family member on the team. Distant, mind, but still family."

A sudden look of awkward embarrassment crossed his face as he noticed the book in her lap. "Oh, bollocks. Look at me here talkin' your ear off about nothing while you were tryin to read! I'm sorry. I'll just shut my trap now..." He ran a hand through his hair and sunk down in his seat, trying to think of something to do to make it seem like he had something to do so the girl wouldn't feel bad for going back to her book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Loop (open)   Out of the Loop (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of the Loop (open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1