Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

Sword Play (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orion Ramellien
Orion Ramellien

None

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:37 pm

Orion strolled through the castle in his usual cocky swagger, smirk on his lips. He had the sudden urge to do something he hadn't done in a while. This wasn't exactly typical for the male Slytherin, but as he found himself with a bit of free time to spare and nothing to fill it with, the boy had figured what the hell. His Swiper was missing, otherwise he might feel inclined to tie her up until she explained exactly why she seemed to be missing a lot. Something was off with it, he could feel it. The witch was keeping something from him, and Orion wasn't exactly known for his patience.

His growing frustration would eventually lead to forcing whatever it was she was hiding from him out, and she had better hope it wasn't anything that would end in a declawing. But for the time being, setting an old skill to good use sounded like an excellent way to manage his current ire. Surely no one he came across would notice his rather foul mood, as Orion was perfectly capable of controlling his emotions. But should anyone actually have the gall to attempt to stop him, the boy's tongue would be an all new level of sharpness.

Fortunately for everyone else, and perhaps rather unfortunately for himself, he seemed to be given a wide berth from those he did happen across on his way to the armoury, so he wasn't given the chance to make anyone cry or grow red with humiliation and anger. It was a pity really. The boy did so love to transfer his negative energy onto others. It was the best way to relieve his frustration and anger, and was usually at least mildly entertaining as well.

Seeing as that was not going to happen, he eventually reached his destination and pushed through the door into the armoury, letting it fall to a close behind him before he let the smirk slip from his lips, blue eyes cold as ice and a sneer now marring his face. Yes. He was definitely angry with the witch. Slowly, he rolled up the sleeves of his white oxford, as he was still in uniform with the exception of his robes, which he had left back in the dorm room.

He had barely moved towards the fencing swords with every intention of grabbing one when the door swung open again. Orion didn't bother looking to see who had entered. He merely took swords on hand and only then did he turn, tossing the extra at whoever it was who had interrupted him. "If you're going to interrupt my time, you will make yourself useful."
Back to top Go down

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:19 pm

Draco had noticed Ramellien’s apparent rage earlier, but he’d shrugged it off, figuring maybe the boy was having issues with something at home or perhaps even thinking about the war and choosing sides. Of course, the blonde was pretty sure he’d already influenced that decision as much as he could, so even if it was something to do with the war, he wasn’t about to butt in. No, he’d wait to see if the male wanted to speak with him about it. If it was something at home, then Draco really had no interest. Pureblood families tended to be rather problematic at home, after all, and the blonde had his own shit to deal with in that area. He didn’t need anyone elses.

Thus, he didn’t think much of it as he made his way down the hall and towards the armoury. Draco had dropped his bag and robes off in his dorm along with his tie, and took off for the area he often used to train his fencing skills. While he walked, he undid about half the buttons of his crisp white shirt, and rolled the sleeves as best he could, not even noticing the odd looks he was getting as he walked unknowingly through the wake that the other sixth year had created.

The blonde had been neglecting his fencing lately, and he desperately needed to use it for a bit of stress relief. He was dealing with so much at the moment, what with his claiming of the fail snake, her still dating Potter, and the whole Leyton issue. Merlin, he didn’t even know why he’d opened that particular can of worms. Of course, there was also the issue of Parkinson still being psychotic, and now Granger seemed to be following suit. All and all the year just seemed completely insane. The blonde clearly needed to take out his aggression.

Walking into the armoury, Draco hadn’t expected to have a sword thrust into his hand and be demanded to perform. A smirk, however, quickly found his lips as he realized he had a partner this evening. ”Ramellien. Didn’t know you fenced. I’ve been hoping for a partner for a while. It seems I should have just asked around the snake pit, hmm?” he commented, twirling the weapon in his hand before tossing it a few times to judge the weight and give of the blade. Ah, yes. This was a good sword. Light, nimble. Perfect length for Draco as well. He smirked, facing his opponent in a ready stance.

”Well, let’s go then. En Guard!” He lunged at the boy, jabbing at his chest, then slashing toward his gut. Draco ducked and lashed out with a kick toward the boy’s legs, mixing in unarmed tactics along with the fencing attacks. ”I doubt you can keep up with me, O,” he said between lunges, guarding himself all the while. He was sure they’d both end up getting a few good hits in, but that wasn’t to be worried about yet. No, right now it was much more important to keep up the sparring, both physically and verbally.

”What’s got you so worked up then, O? Having some pussy problems?”
Back to top Go down
Orion Ramellien
Orion Ramellien

None

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 2:03 am

"You would be surprised at the things you don't know about me, Malfoy, but I would never be caught accusing you of actually using your brain to figure things out for yourself." Orion replied with his own smirk wrapping his lips as he brandished the sword he held. Not bad. It was suitable. Nothing like the ones he had at home, obviously, but it would do to whip Malfoy's arse in this sudden dance of swords.

He faced his opponent, arching one perfectly sculpted brow as he took his own proper stance, readying for the ensuing fight that would no doubt have him using his pent up frustration in a more constructive way. Because beating Malfoy was always constructive for Orion's ego. But the moment the other male said 'en guard', he actively lunged toward Orion, jabbing at his chest.

Orion took a graceful jump back, bringing his own sword up to easily force away the other's sword before he could catch him in the gut with it. Icy blue eyes gleamed as he deftly spun out of range of Malfoy's kick to end with his own lunge back, aiming for the blonde's chest. "Always underestimating your opponent. That's why you always lose."

The boy shot back smoothly as he went on the defensive, skillfully blocking the other Slytherin's jabs at him with an artful ease, giving the impression that he really was well rehearsed in the sport. It was true though, and one their biggest differences. While they both had egos the size of the country they lived in, Draco always saw the fight as already won. Meanwhile, Orion didn't let up until the win was officially his.

So while the blonde continued to lunge at him repeatedly, the teen used this to his advantage, shifting on his feet for a cross-over as he beat away the incoming jabs to search for a weakness in the other's form. It seemed that the other boy was intent on sparring in every way possible, and Orion was only too happy oblige as he cooly replied with a smirk, "The only one around here with pussy problems is you Draco, seeing as Potter's run off with yours."

He beat the other's sword away, using a circular motion with his wrist to have both blades performing a circle between them and giving him room to make a forward advance, changing the distance between them unexpectedly as he attempted to gain ground and force the other onto the defensive with a quick parry.
Back to top Go down

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:53 am

Ramellien was bloody infuriating. Draco found himself dealing with more anger than he originally thought he had clamped in his chest as he kept up the jabs and swipes at his fellow sixth year. It seemed like every one of his attacks was blocked with ease and the blonde growled, frustration gleaming in his silver gaze. He always won! How dare this pompous idiot fight him at his own sport and be doing so damn well.

His words made Draco’s skin crawl, and he snarled when the boy circled their swords, taking control and putting the blonde on the defensive. ”Potter hasn’t ‘run off’ with anything, O. He might think he has, but no one else can claim my fail snake.” He worked to block the other’s attacks, determined not to let his guard down and be the first to get hit.

”Rumor has it your little kitten doesn’t even need someone to run off with her. She goes completely willingly. Of course, rumor also says she’s been making Looney Lovegood scream in abandoned classrooms. Maybe you like a bit of crazy in the mix?” Draco didn’t even know why he was baiting the boy, except that maybe he wanted to see how much they could hurt each other. Sometimes it actually helped him clear his head to get his arse kicked, after all.

In what was probably a ridiculously reckless move, the Malfoy heir dropped to the floor and slid on his back between his opponent’s legs, attempting to come up behind him with his sword poking at the center of his spine. Of course, chances were Orion would find some way to dodge or turn the risky move against Draco. After all, the boy was obviously just as skilled a fencer as the blonde. Whatever happened it was sure to be interesting, and Draco was definitely getting a decent work out. Maybe by the end of this sparring match he could actually be in polite society without snarling like a rabid wolf. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Orion Ramellien
Orion Ramellien

None

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 12:14 am

Orion was smug to see the frustration building within the Malfoy heir, and it showed in his smirk as he continued to prove himself a competitor in the sport they were both apparently masters of. The boy would admit, even if just to his own mind, that Draco was indeed a very good fencer. For that, Orion was grateful. It was more use than if he had had to actually teach someone how to perform the art.

Not to mention the other Slytherin male was always so easily riled, taking offense to things so easily that it amused Orion to constantly hit at the sore spots he knew the other boy had. And Riddle, well, she was definitely a sore spot as of late. He lunged at the other boy, aiming for the chest again, performing another cross-over with his feet to bring them in a new direction as he smirked mockingly at the other.

"I see. I'll try to remember that Draco, the next time I see Potter claiming Riddle somewhere around the castle. I suppose you're just letting him borrow her for fun then?" This, he knew, couldn't be farther from the truth, which was why Orion said it in the first place. He had known the blonde for years, and a more selfish and possessive person, aside from himself of course, he had never met. So he knew without a doubt his words would strike a nerve, seeing as Draco considered the witch still his. And even he knew that the boy did not share.

Not to mention it was probably some crime in the blonde's head to speak ill of his precious 'fail snake', and Orion was sure the boy would take something in his words as offensive to the younger girl they were referring to. Not that he had said anything of the sort. But Draco wasn't known to think rationally when frustrated. "You might want to help Potter a little less and keep some of the fun to yourself though. Seems you're a bit frustrated. What's wrong? Your cousin not giving you any either?"

Orion added on, continuing to bait the other as he kept the blonde on the defensive while he sought out a way to punch a hole in said defense. The other male was seemed good on both the defense and the offense, which made this all the more interesting to Orion. Of course, he should have expected for the famous Malfoy tongue to deliver it's own blows as their swords clashed while their words hit where it was meant to hurt.

He sneered at the blonde, blue eyes turning malicious at the implications Draco spoke aloud. He wondered if the other boy knew that was a sore spot, or if he was simply trying to figure out if it was one. If he hadn't known previously he probably did now, though Orion did his best to recover from it as he lunged at the other again, slashing at the blonde's gut. "Since you seem so interested in rumors, have you heard the one regarding your precious fail snake and the twin cousin you're not fucking? Oh wait. That's not a rumor. It's inside information."

He was caught a bit off guard when the other boy dropped to the ground and slid on his back underneath him, but Orion recovered quickly, spinning deftly to knock the other's sword away just before it could catch him. It was a close call, but he managed the save and let a superior smirk curl his lips. "All your fancy moves will only make you look worse when you lose, Draco." The boy taunted in that arrogant way his with that mocking smirk now back on his lips as he faked a lunge to draw the blonde into the move, aiming the slash at the boy's left arm, only to lunge fully again aiming for the chest.

He knew the other was probably too practiced to be tricked so easily, but he thought maybe the frustration his words were causing might have the blonde thrown off his game. Either way, Orion was glad to be taking out his own frustration.
Back to top Go down

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Even though he knew the boy wasn’t going to go with the obvious attack, he hadn’t figured on the exact move to come, thus leaving Draco to get jabbed rather hard in the chest. He groaned, still lying on his back on the floor, feeling defeated for more reasons than simply being beaten at his own favorite game. It was somewhat disconcerting that Orion was looking at him in that superior way that said he knew something the blonde didn’t.

Draco growled, pushing the sword away from his chest and sliding back so he could sit up and properly glare at the boy. ”I’m not letting Potter borrow anything, and he isn’t laying any claims that matter.” The blonde swiped at his hair, pushing away the dampened strands and collecting a small layer of sweat on his hand. He wiped his hand on his pant leg and tossed his own sword aside, letting it clatter on the floor.

”Now what the fuck are you talking about with my cousin and my fail snake, hmm?” he demanded, staring intensely into those blue eyes, his own taking on a look of molten steel. He didn’t like even thinking about what might or might not be going on with Sky and Luca, but he needed to know. Whatever his fellow Slytherin knew, Draco was going to find out. He was going to get it out of the other boy one way or another.

A growl tore through his throat as Draco glared up at the boy. ”Whatever I may or may not do with my cousin is nothing for you to worry about, O. I find myself much more interested in exactly how you are going to conquer the Russian beast you seem to have set your sights on. You know you are nothing like the flighty girl she’s taken a liking to, don’t you? How would you fill that missing spot if you eliminated the Loon from her life?”
Back to top Go down
Orion Ramellien
Orion Ramellien

None

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Orion smirked his victory over the other boy, his lips curling in triumph as the blonde knocked his sword away from his chest and growled. It was always satisfying to win, but even more so when he won over Draco. The pompous arse always thought he was better at everything without doing anything to prove it. It was always fun for Orion to knock the other down a peg or two in any way he could. This time around it simply benefited him more than usual, as he got to work out some, if not all, of his frustration.

The young wizard had read somewhere that energy was neither lost nor destroyed, but simply transferred from one party to the next. He would have to say that at that point and time, he agreed with that assessment, as his cold blue gaze took in the glare on the blonde's face, which was aimed directly at him. Orion was sure whatever frustration he had ridded himself of had taken purchase in Malfoy heir. The sixth year arched a brow at the boy on the floor, his smirk turning knowing as he stood in all his confident arrogance.

"Touché Malfoy." He replied cooly, never losing his superior smirk or air. He had to admit, even as subtly as he did, that the blonde was probably right on that account. While Orion thought it would be the smarter move on Potter's end to lay a claim that did matter, the idiot Gryffindor had always shown a lack of brains when it came to common sense and the obvious. It was quite clearly one of the Golden Boy's biggest downfalls, and he had no doubt that Draco would be getting his precious witch back sooner rather than later, seeing as he seemed to have set his eyes back on Riddle.

None of which really mattered to him. But he couldn't pass up the opportunity to dig the knife in deeper when the other gave him such open shots. "So what is then Draco. You want your little toy back just so Potter can't play with it? Or are you trying to gain back some of the favor your daddy lost in the eyes of his master?" It was a cheap shot, and Orion knew it. It was way below the belt, but he didn't look the least bit concerned about any retaliation for his words as he flipped his sword in the air only to catch it easily with a practiced hand by the hilt again.

"You can't possibly claim to be one of those fools of love. Much too selfish and smart for such a thing. My guess? Its a bit of both. Can't say I blame you. She makes one hell of a trophy." Orion taunted cruelly, his every word was casual but laced with venom that was sure to seep under the skin of the other and sting in the worst way. His smirk could rival that of the Cheshire cat as the blonde questioned him about his cousin and the witch in question. Oh how he enjoyed these games of knowing things he shouldn't and taunting people with it while keeping it just out of reach.

"No need to get angry with me Draco. After all, I'm not the one providing your witch with private music lessons in the wee hours of the night." His gaze held a malicious gleam as he continued to push, seemingly absently circling the blonde. Though it was anything but absently. With Orion, one could always bet that every move he made and every word he spoke was calculated, and on purpose. He gave a look of mock surprise to go along with his mock surprised tone. "Don't tell me the great Draco Malfoy has failed to notice the stolen looks of desire his cousin takes during meals. Or the way he comforted her after you turned to his twin. My, my, the Ice Prince has been slacking off. If it's any consolation, I am sure they make passionate music together."

The Slytherin make was being positively brutal by this point, but each word was smoothly spoken, one would almost think he was talking about the weather except for the mocking tint to them and the cruel glint in his eyes. The other boy had began the verbal sparring, and Orion was going to teach his fellow sixth year why it was a battle he would never win. Blue eyes turned icy, face taking on a dark look at the other snake's words, but he recovered quickly, schooling his features into the calm and cool mask that normally showed. "I have to wonder why my conquests interest you so, Draco, but since I am in the sharing mood.."

His smirk was as superior as ever as he halted next to the bin that held the fencing swords, sliding his back in slowly. "I have already succeeded in that particular conquest, make no doubt about that. As for Lovegood, well, that is a choice Swiper will have to make on her own. I have no wish to fulfill whatever place that waste of space Ravenclaw does." His tone was bored, his shrug, careless. One might never guess just how much of a sore spot this subject was for Orion. How much it infuriated him to be sharing his Swiper. How deadly it made him to be made to look like a fool while she snuck around behind his back with the likes of that idiot twat of a bird.
Back to top Go down

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 12:36 am

Everything Orion said was making Draco shake with rage. The boy was such a typical Pureblooded snob of a Slytherin sometimes, most times, really. It was utterly frustrating because Draco wanted to actually like the guy at least a little. He considered Orion and Blaise his two best men in the snake pit, and so it was always rather upsetting when one of them made him this murderous. However, O had a way of making everyone who spent extended time with him a bit homicidal, so the blonde wasn’t too surprised when the urge to rip the idiot’s throat out nearly overwhelmed him.

”Love does not make a man weak,” he muttered through tightly gritted teeth. He wanted to tell the boy he wasn’t a selfish prick either, but he’d proven that he was in the past, so he couldn’t honestly claim that. He hoped he wasn’t some selfish fool, though, and that his fail snake would tell anyone who asked that he wasn’t. As it was, he saw red as soon as Orion continued speaking of the beautiful woman who was his precious panther, his amazing fail snake, an object.

Oh, he kept his control when Orion spoke of the dark ‘lord’ like Draco actually gave a damn about the man, and he held his tongue when he called Skyler a toy and a trophy, but he couldn’t hold back when the fool mentioned Luca and private, passionate music lessons. The creep of a Slytherin wouldn’t hesitate in pursuing the younger girl, Draco knew, and it made him snarl with his fury. He was aware that O had said something about his lack of care for the Ravenclaw that his own woman was with, but Draco didn’t care anymore. He didn’t want to hear anymore words from the idiot.

In a matter of moments, the blonde had propelled himself to his feet and glared harshly at his peer, reaching out quickly and wrapping both pale hands around Orion’s throat. Draco squeezed as hard as he could, then squeezed even tighter. He felt that Alpha streak rearing its head and he didn’t push it down at all. He let the wolf take control, darkening his eyes as he pushed his thumbs into his friend’s windpipe. His lips curled in a malicious smirk as he stared at the boy with utter hatred in his gaze, managing to lift him to his tiptoes only using the hold on his throat.

An angry growl tore from his throat as Draco continued cutting off Orion’s air. ”First of all, O, I am not responsible for my father in any way. And I don’t answer to some fake ‘lord’. Second,” he let up a bit on his hold, just so that there wasn’t a chance of Orion passing out on him. ”Skyler is not an object. You will never call her a ‘toy’ or a ‘trophy’ or anyone’s property ever again. She belongs to no one unless she wants to.”

Draco finally threw the boy to the floor, stormy silver eyes flashing with the anger and dominance of the wolf. ”And last of all, if you ever see Luca making eyes at my witch, you tell him just where his place is. What good are you if you don’t even defend what is your leader’s?” He didn’t actually answer the question of why he wanted Sky back, but he was pretty sure that was clear from his actions. The blonde sneered down at his friend on the floor, raising a slender brow and crossing his arms over his chest. ”You might try finding out what your precious tiger desires from you, O. If you think she’d be complete with just you, then why do you think she has the Loon? There’s a piece you’re missing. Might want to find it before she gives up on her precious Greek god.”

He towered over the boy, waiting for him to scurry away. Draco would leave the room only once Orion had admitted defeat by leaving first. He might have bested Draco in the swordfight, but the blonde had clearly won their little war.
Back to top Go down
Orion Ramellien
Orion Ramellien

None

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:23 am

Orion was always aware that there was a chance he would push far enough to get some sort of physical reaction from whoever he was striking with his words. Over the years, his tongue had gotten him into quite a few physical scuffles and altercations. Rather than view these as a loss, the male saw them as the ultimate win. Even if it cost him the occasional black eye or bloody lip. Which it had.

It was a trait of a pureblood to be in control, at any given time, and any given situation, of their emotions. To remain cool, calm, cunning and collected even in situations where one's patience was tried and insults flied. To not show or give a reaction was the ultimate control one could achieve, and the surest way to win in whatever situation one was in. It was how they were raised, and what they were taught, amongst such other things. And Orion was a pro at stripping that control away from others layer by layer until all they were left with was reaction.

His natural observation skills and quick and cunning mind always had the Slytherin full of knowledge regarding others, especially of those in his own house, where the chain of command constantly changed thanks to the constant power plays made by various members. It wasn't something as trivial rumors that he filled his mind with though, even if some of those took purchase there. No. This knowledge was based on the subtle and calculated ways he observed those around him. Knowing one's enemy was key, and those days, anyone could end up an enemy. Orion didn't pass up anything to hold over anyone, no matter who they were. It was better to be prepared, than to end up looking like a fool without a mind or foresight.

There had always been one exception to any of it, and that was the blonde who currently glared daggers at him with grey eyes full of a hatred Orion hadn't seen in them in some time, and one that had rarely been aimed at himself. The Malfoy heir had always been his greatest rival as far as the pureblood ways went. Ever cool, ever calm, and ever cunning and collected. Atleast, when Potter wasn't involved. The Gryffindor had always had a way of getting under Draco's skin, and the blonde had dragged the rest of the house into his personal vendetta against the idiot lion. It was one of the few reasons Orion respected Draco in any sense, and why he had the small albeit still there sense of loyalty to the other male snake.

While Orion had yet to lose a verbal sparring match against anyone, including the blonde male, he had never so successfully pushed the other boy over the edge. So while his blue eyes widened slightly in his surprise as the other launched himself back to his feet and quickly wrapped his hands around his throat before he had time to react, in his mind, Orion smirked. Now all he had to do was maintain that ever present, unshakable control of his. Which was especially difficult since Draco was using enough force he was sure at some moment the boy was going to crush his wind pipe.

The very idea would have panic setting in, no matter who one was. But Orion was an expert in identifying emotions and secluding and pushing away ones that did not help him. So he squashed his panic and slight fear, and instead focused on trying to control the little amount of air he held in his lungs. His own blue eyes flashed in anger for a moment, before the cruel and mocking glint that constantly showed in them was back full force, as he used his own hands to grab the blonde's wrists and attempt to pry them away from his throat.

But Draco's strength seemed to have tripled for some reason, because there was no budging him, and Orion didn't bother with a struggle, which would only have his heart rate increasing and his blood pumping hard. Exerting himself would only make the fact he was being choked out of his air supply that much more a panicking situation, and he wouldn't allow for such weakness.

Behind the mocking look in his gaze, there was a curiosity rarely stoked within the Slytherin. This type of reaction was new, especially for Draco, and it would make anyone wonder. Of course, it could simply have been that Orion had hit the wrong, or right, depending on how one looked at it, sore spot hard enough. But something told him it wasn't just that. Call it instinct, or call it knowing the one bloke who, for better or worse, Orion considered his only real friend. Somewhat. What other reason would he have for not only taking it upon himself to corner the idiot's cousin in question and confront him about it on behalf of the bloody blonde?

Thankfully, by this time, the other male snake had let up his grip enough that enough air could pass to his burning lungs, but there was a burning heat building inside Orion from the cut off air supply that was making it more and more difficult to keep the panic at bay. It was lucky for him that Draco decided to toss him away and onto the floor, and Orion gasped in a few deep gulps of air, his own hand coming up to rub at his throat for a moment until he could let out a low chuckle. "Careful Draco. Your Gryffindor side is showing. Your muggle side too."

Orion remained in a sitting position on the floor for a few long moments, catching his breath and letting his lungs fill with oxygen. It wasn't long though before his own anger was building back up at the nerve of the blonde for first his choke hold and second, for thinking he had any right to try and school Orion on how to handle his situation with his own witch. The boy pushed back to his feet, pulling his wand as he did and flicking it with a slight share jab at the other, aiming a spell that would have him experiencing the same forceful halt to breathing he had just performed on him without the need for Orion to wrap his hands around the other's neck.

"For once in your life Draco use whatever brains you possess. Do you not think your cousin would have made his move to pursue her if I hadn't stepped in already?" He sneered at his year and house mate, and with a wave ended the spell. "Perhaps if you weren't so quick to make assumptions you might have thought to bloody ask, you ponce." Orion would never admit it, but it was rather insulting to him for the other to assume he wouldn't so much as have his back when he wasn't there to defend it himself. "And you'll have to excuse me if I don't take your advice when it comes to witches, considering you've set a clear example of what not to do in that field. If it's any consolation to you, I have no intentions of giving up a perfectly incredible witch without a fight or in favor of another bloody cock."

His words were as venomous as ever and the cold blue eyes flashed in annoyance and anger. He didn't bother commenting on any of the other things. Orion already knew Draco had picked his side, and it wasn't with the Dark Lord, something that made him respect the other that much more. As for his words regarding Riddle as a toy, well, that had simply been to get a rise out of the blonde. Orion wasn't an idiot. His own few run ins with the pint sized witch had left him with a bruised bloody ego each time. Never had Orion been so infuriated by another person. The little twit could match him in a verbal battle of insults and wits and then some in a way he had never had to deal with before. And on one occasion he had suffered the end of her bloody wand. If ever there was a witch he didn't wish to anger, it was that one along with his own.
Back to top Go down

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:10 am

Sure, Draco wasn’t exactly thinking straight, but then who would be after all the things he’d just had to hear from one he called a sort of ‘friend’ as far as he went with friends? The fact that the boy had let a bit of panic show in that well-controlled gaze of his had the blonde smirking, but only until Orion was able to speak again and laughed, calling him both Gryffindor and a muggle. Draco bristled at the comments, ready to tackle the seated boy. The desire did not fade even as Orion stood and drew his wand, and Draco was completely taken aback when he suddenly felt his own airway tighten.

He knew the fear was clear in his silver eyes, but then Draco didn’t hide things much these days. The blonde did well not to panic, however, as he stood there, counting the seconds even while he listened to his peer’s words. So, he’d actually defended Draco while he wasn’t there? That was good. Orion was a true ally then. Good to know, but there was still the fact that he would fight him just as well, which he was proving at the very moment.

Draco knew better than to blindly trust Slytherins. It was dangerous, especially when he knew what he wanted out of life, and it was nothing that most Snakes would agree with. He refused to be a trusting fool and get himself stabbed in the back. If that was so wrong, then so be it. The spell ended and Draco barely kept himself on his feet, growling low in his throat at his companion as he continued to speak. Ah, yes. There it was. The inevitable comment about Draco’s weakness for his cousin’s attention. He wasn’t going to deny it, as it was true enough, but he also wasn’t about to believe that he was a particularly bad person to take dating advice from. After all, he was often called a ‘sex god’ even without having slept around nearly as much as many would think, and he had the girl everyone wanted.

A few mistakes along the way were inevitable for anyone, at least as far as Draco thought, and he had learned well from his. The blonde shook his head at his companion and started for the door, not feeling the need to continue the fight or the discussion any further. ”Honestly, O, perhaps you need to check a mirror before you call out another person’s flaws. If I’m not mistaken, you don’t have the best history as far as relationships go either, and you’d call me stupid not to doubt another Snake.”

The blonde paused at the door, looking back at Orion for a moment in thought, then opened his mouth to speak a warning. ”I’d avoid the ball if you can, O. I’m sure you could handle yourself well enough, but it’s still better to avoid it all. The castle’s going to have some… visitors. If you catch my drift. Just… watch your back.” At that, Draco slipped out of the door, heading for the common room and feeling so many mixed emotions he couldn’t even wrap his head around half of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sword Play (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Play (Open)   Sword Play (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sword Play (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1