Hogwarts: The Silver Lining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where enemies can become allies and friends, and where everything you thought you knew is now questionable.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Helpful Links
Founders
Salazar Slytherin
Tumblr
Twitter

Rowena Ravenclaw
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
The Daily Phropet
Affiliates

A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Empty
PostSubject: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:12 pm

It was just after dinner and deciding he needed to stretch his legs he started walking not really paying attention to where he was going. It wasn't until he heard the water lapping against the dock that he realized where he was. Sighing he lit his wand and sat down at the end of the dock just staring out over the water. 

Leaning back he tucked his hands under his head and just started up at the falling night sky knowing he had some time before he had to sneak back under the prefects watchful eye.  It was a nice, crisp night the only sound the water lapping and the sound of rustling leaves from the forest.

Unfortunately it was spoiled by light footsteps at the other end of the dock.  Leyton shouldn't have been surprised though. He rarely had a moment to himself.

Last edited by Leyton Lestrange on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 am

These days the redhead hated spending much time in the Gryffindor commons. She felt like her whole house was staring at her with judgment in their eyes, and truth be told at least half probably were. She’d royally screwed up already this year, and it was barely even started yet. Sometimes it seemed like she was just trying too hard to be somebody, especially considering she had a decent boyfriend and was pretty talented in the way of the twins. Then again, sometimes it felt like she was never going to stand out for being herself.

Her thoughts had her wandering through the castle after dinner, going the opposite direction of her housemates, which meant she wound up in the basements soon. Rather than risk heading toward the dungeons and the snakes who might push her to fighting, Ginny turned toward the boathouse and walked softly down the dock. Maybe she could sit and dip her feet in the icy water… bring some feeling back to her cold body…

”Well, well, well,” she purred as she noticed who was already perched on the dock. ”You know, your cousin put on quite a show last night. I’d say it was reminiscent of a little scene I was privy to a few months back, except this time his prey wasn’t nearly as into it, and neither was as drunk.” She smirked at the boy, taking out her own anger and frustration through cold cruelty toward him.

”I somehow don’t think he’d have been so eager to show his willingness to… excite the boy who lived if he knew he’d done much the same in a drunken stupor this summer. Do you?”
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Pulling himself up slightly he eyed the read head warily as she came closer down the dock instead of turning and heading back to where she had come from. While he wasn't as overzealous as his cousin about hating the Weasley brood he didn't exactly feel warm and fuzzy about them either. Turning around he pulled himself up and tucked his wand into his back pocket keeping it close if need be. After all he was trying to stay out of detention as much as possible.

He listened to her speak, a soft but gentle tone to her voice at first but the hostility soon creeped into her tone. Narrowing his eyes he took a defensive stance but was careful to keep an even tone. He had had his share of drunken nights over the summer, escaping to the Leaky quite often to escape his mother's endless whining. There was no way she could have known that though.

With a cool air of indifference he finally spoke, "I have no idea what you are going on about Weasley but I am certain you are mistaken." If she had seen something that she should not have, it did not bode well... for him or for his cousin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:18 pm

An evil grin stretched across her lips as Ginny noticed the defensive fear dancing in the older boy’s eyes. He might be doing well to hide his emotions from his voice, but the eyes were a window to the soul, as they said. She knew she had him now, and he had no idea just how much she’d seen and heard. In truth, she wasn’t sure that it was Malfoy when she’d first seen them. She knew it looked a whole lot like him, but she was sure it couldn’t be him.

Apparently it had been, though, and now she had some major dirt on the cousins. ”Oh, I’m certain I’m not, and I’m certain you know exactly what I’m talking about, Lestrange.” This summer had seen her in Diagon Alley more often than normal since she’d been visiting the twins every time she could. This meant she had heard the rumors that Harry was staying in a room above the pub, and she’d been stopping in each visit in the hopes of spotting him. Instead of finding Harry, though, she’d seen more of Lestrange and his cousin than she’d ever wanted to.

”Maybe I should just ask your cousin how it felt to be taken by his own family member. I’m sure he’d love to know, since he seemed too… inebriated to remember much if anything.” Ginny silently wondered what she might be able to get out of this situation as she looked at the Slytherin with calm superiority dancing in her eyes. She had leverage and she was damn well going to use it.
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Things were already a stick situation with his family as it were, this was going to explode things to an epic mess.  Just play dumb Leyton he told himself, do not let on what you may or may not remember.  Crossing his arms over his chest he started up the dock towards her, after all the only other solution was jumping in the lake and that was something that he rather do not do.

Reaching her he stared down at her with a cold malice, "Like I said, I have no idea what you are talking about Weasley. I haven't been with anyone all summer not that its any of your business so it seems like you need your eyes checked."

He started past her but froze in place when she mentioned telling Malfoy.  That was the last thing he needed right now.  Things were already strained between them and this would be the thing that broke them, broke them all. Turning slightly he glanced back towards you.  "Go ahead Weasley. I have nothing to hide because it isn't the truth" he said trying to call her bluff.  He only hoped it did not back fire in his face.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:39 pm

The redhead snorted at the Slytherin’s words. He could pretend to be all strong and bad all he wanted, but she knew she’d hit a nerve. There was no way he could hide the way his gaze fell on her and the way he stiffened at her threat to talk to Malfoy. Ginny knew she had something here, and she wasn’t about to let him get away without some kind of deal being made.

”I think you know exactly what I’m talking about and you know my eyes are just fine.” She stared at him defiantly, refusing to back down. ”So do you want me to keep your little secret, or do you want me to go talk to your cousin? Cause I could very easily leave you here to splash around and go tell Malfoy exactly what happened this summer.”

Her eyes took on a cruel glint as she crossed her arms, staring the older boy down. He’d be stupid to underestimate the youngest Weasley. She’d learned from the best at blackmailing and pranks, after all. She’d definitely be getting her way.
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Tucking his hands in his pocket so not to either hex or kill her he turned his face away for a moment and closed his eyes.  Those who thought he was bad had not crossed the youngest Weasley and he knew that she meant every threat she posed.  There would be no taking the easy way out with her and he was afraid of what she would try to extort from him.

Turning back around he looked at her with a cold malice glinting in his eye.  Pulling his arms up he crossed them tightly over his chest.  Leyton could feel the heat creeping up in his cheeks but he had no choice but to stay. He was not ready for Draco to learn the truth, not yet.

"What in the bloody hell do you want from me Weasleyl I don't have the time nor the patience for these games tonight.  So name your condition or leave and tell him and let me deal with the fallout that follows."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:44 am

”Oh, Lestrange, you’d like that wouldn’t you? Me doing the telling for you so you can decide whether it’s worth it to deal with or not…” she murmured with a cruel spark in her eyes. The ginger had a darkness inside that few people ever saw, but when it came out it was rather horrifying. She toyed with her wand while she looked at him, sizing up the boy before her. Maybe it was foolish to mess with someone who was obviously physically stronger than her and much darker in his heart, but she didn’t much care. She had something on him and she was going to get something out of it.

Ginny cocked her head and gave the boy a cruel smile. ”Alright then. I will take a favor from you. No matter what might happen in the future, even if you decide to tell him yourself, you still owe me for keeping your little secret. One favor, no restrictions, whenever I ask for it. Or else I let your little secret slip to someone who could make things much more difficult that if just your cousin happened to find out.”

The girl knew she was being mean, but she didn’t care. Rumor was the blonde snake had been hurting Skyler lately, and Lestrange had more than earned his fair share of consequences for any actions he took. She had enough idea of who had connections to Voldemort that she could let something slip in front of one of them. Once she did that, the boys would be in so deep they might never come back out. Ginny considered the possibility a service to the world, and smirked at the boy, looking very much like her twin brothers. ”What do ya say, Lestrange?”
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:53 am

Leyton watched her closely, saw the pleasure she was getting from tormenting him and it made the rage boil up inside of him.  Everyone had a dark side and some just chose to embrace it a bit more than others.  The young girl was obviously choosing this time to embrace hers and she seemed to be enjoying it just a little too much.  She would be taken down a peg or two and he would make sure that he was the one to do it. 

The Weasley girl would pay.

Listening to her proposition he shook his head.  There was no way that he would spend the rest of the year being in debt to someone like her.  Never know when or how she might come for him and then what he might have to offer.  It was too much especially with every thing else on his plate.  There was no way he could agree to this.  

But on the flip side of the coin was what would happen if someone, anyone else found out about the events of the summer.  It would be bad enough when Draco found out but others would be much much worse.  The consequences of such would be deadly.

"Be in debt to you for however long you see fit Weasley.  For you to hold this over my head never knowing, how or when you might use this against me. No deal."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:20 pm

”No deal, Lestrange? Really?” she asked with gleaming eyes. Ginny licked her lips and shrugged at the older boy, slowly starting to turn on her heel. ”Well then, I guess I’ll be off to the owlery. I need to pen a little note to a certain blonde. I believe his name was replaced with a prisoner number, but I’m sure my note will find him. He’ll be oh so interested in what his son has been involved in…”

Lucius Malfoy was one of the worst human beings Ginny could think of, and she had a sure way to reach him if the Slytherin before her didn’t reconsider her offer. Yes, it was cruel, but the boys both deserved it. If he did remain adamant about not taking her offer, Ginny would search out Sky right after sending the owl. The girl needed to know exactly what her ‘Prince’ got up to in his drunken states.

Ginny quirked a brow at the Slytherin, waiting in case he might change his mind. Growing impatient, she turned the rest of the way and started walking slowly back toward the castle. ”It’s your funeral, Lestrange,” she said in a sing-song voice, shaking her head and smiling to herself.
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Leyton Lestrange

Gryffindor
Year 1
None

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:41 pm

He was set in stone about not taking her deal.  That was until she brought up the one man he feared more than his own father, Lucius Malfoy. His stance immediately changed and it was like all of the life went out of him.  Had it been a bit lighter she would have seen all of the blood drain away from his face.

Starting after he picked up his pace when he realized how serious she was.  Reaching out he grabbed her arm, "Ginny...Weasley wait...fine you have a deal. Whatever and whenever you want something I will honor the deal no questions asked." 

He looked utterly defeated as he stared down at the red headed witch.  This wasn't only about protecting himself, it was about protecting Draco as well.  If anyone who wasn't Draco found out and the word spread it could quite possibly mean his death and he wasn't quite ready to die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:53 pm

The smile only grew as Lestrange reached out and stopped her progress. She had him and it was all she could do to keep from laughing in triumph. ”I thought you’d see things my way eventually.” Her voice was oddly friendly and she shrugged his hand off of her arm, nodding at his agreement. His look of defeat only fueled her determination as she vowed to figure out the best way and moment to cash in her favor.

”Nice chat, Lestrange. Very productive. Now it’s late and I should be getting to bed. Good thing I don’t have to go all the way to the owlery,” she winked slyly at him, resuming her stride back to the castle. ”Oh, and Lestrange? If you even think about going back on your agreement, I’ll have a nice little chat with my blonde friend. I still owe him a little something for the diary he gifted me four years ago, you know.”

With that final threat, she left the boy alone, working her way up to Gryffindor Tower with the smile never fading from her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete   A moment to himself  (Ginny) Complete Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A moment to himself (Ginny) Complete

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1